Wednesday, January 7, 2009

34 weeks and an update

34 weeks and a couple of days. I think he's running out of room in there. Movements feel different and I've been having tons of Braxton Hicks (practice) contractions which my doctor tells me not to worry about. Due date is only 5 weeks and 4 days away but I'll be full term in only 2 1/2 weeks!



So to catch up on all we've missed, we've had several ultrasounds and the diameter of the cord vein has actually shrunk a bit. The doctor thinks all is good but we have one more ultrasound just to be safe next week. Baby has been head down (a head that is in the 97% - oh boy) for some time. All my OB appointments have been pretty uneventful as well. We decided on a Pediatrician, Dr. Simon's. We've taken labor and delivery, newborn care and breastfeeding classes. It's nice to know there are other future parents out there who have also never changed a diaper. Next week we tour the hospital and our pre-baby preparation should be basically over. 2 1/2 more weeks of work and hopefully I'll have some time to relax before our arrival.

No comments: