Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
The checkup started off well. The doctor wanted to hear blueberry's heartbeat with a fetal doppler, but was having problems finding it. We got a little worried there, and I think the doctor could tell, so she moved us over to the other room to do a quick ultrasound to confirm everything was OK.
She found the blueberry pretty quickly, so that was a relief. It looked much more "baby-like" this time, and it was kicking around like crazy! We watched it for about 2 minutes, and in that time, it kicked 3-4 times. It looked a little bit like a bean jumping around in a mini-moonwalk.
Here's a short clip i filmed on my digicam showing a nice kick at about 20 seconds in:
Monday, July 21, 2008
- Cystic Fibrosis (which Dr. Lam actually tested me for and was negative)
- Canavan Disease
- Familial Dyautonomia
- Bloom Syndrome
- Fanoconi Anemia Group C
- Gaucher Disease
- Glycogen Storage Disease
- Maple syrup urine disease (is it wrong the mention of this makes me crave pancakes?)
- Mucolipidosis Type IV
- Niemann-Pick disease type A
The nurse was very sweet but after she took my blood, I realized she only took a small amount. I guess she didn't realize I was getting a bunch of tests, not just the 1st trimester screening ones. So she had to stick me again, this time in the other arm which didn't work out so well for her... or for me I should say. She had to call in the veteran nurse to stick me once again. Now I have bandages on both arms and I didn't even get a free juice out of it. I should have results in 2 weeks.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
- he is Asian
- we had just watched it again when we were in Brooklyn
We received a huge stack of booklets, pamphlets, and other materials to start reading.
- Heather is approximately 7 weeks, 3 days along. There are lots of pregnancy websites out there that compare the size of the fetus at this stage to a blueberry--thus the name of this blog.
- The due date is Feb 15th--this means there is a chance it could be Valentine's Day, or it could fall on a Friday the 13th!
- Our little blueberry measured in at 13mm (a hair over half an inch)
- Dr. Lam said sushi is okay, as long as you stay away from the high mercury stuff
Oh, they also gave Heather 5-6 packs of various prenatal vitamins--free stuff rules!
Without further ado, our first look at the blueberry:
Our next scheduled appointment is July 30th, where I will get to meet Dr. Galaif (Heather has already met her). Our next scheduled ultrasound will be on August 6th, which will be the first trimester combined screening.