Sunday, November 23, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
- Blueberry's heart rate is good (around 144 I believe)
- My blood pressure is perfect
- My belly measurement is good
- The soreness I've been getting on the top side of my belly sounds normal and is probably just stretching and bruising from the baby kicking there
- My Glucose and iron tests came back good
Sleep has been a real issue because of leg cramps and the doctor told me to eat a banana before bed and stretch. Perry gave me a great leg massage yesterday and my sleepytime cramps were pretty minor last night. Thanks Perry!
Back to Dr. Galaif in 4 weeks and then my OB visits will be every two weeks!
In other news, we just started to receive some baby gifts. David and Dom bought us a stroller which was WAY too nice of them, and Meighan and Paul sent us some baby bath time essentials. It's exciting to start filling the house with baby stuff.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
On Sunday we decided on a glider for the nursery: the mighty Dutailier Intermezzo, upholstered in a nice sage microfiber. Its certainly more than we originally intended to spend, but it's rilly rilly nice and can move to the living room when its outlived its usefulness in the nursery. Now we only have one more piece of baby furniture to get--a dresser that can double duty as a changing table. We checked Ikea, but didnt find anything suitable, so we're still on the lookout. A lot of furniture places need 10 or so weeks lead time on orders, so we'll be cutting things close if we don't decide on something soon.
This Saturday is our Childbirth prep class at Day One, its ridiculously long, something like 10 hours. Oh and tomorrow we're meeting with a potential choice for a pediatrician.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
On another note, I went to a healthy pregnancy class at Day One yesterday. It was only me and one other girl which gave me the opportunity to ask all my stupid questions. I already knew most of what we went over but it was reassuring to hear everything from an expert so I'm very glad I went. My teacher was Ami, a midwife and a lactation consultant and a very cool lady. She didn't push the homebirth thing at all, but just meeting her and hearing a bit about it made me almost want to consider it. Maybe for the next one.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
- He is now almost 2 pounds - 1 pound 15oz to be exact
- Heart rate was 148 BPM
- Growth percentile is 55.5% - a bit up from the last visit
Blueberry was feeling camera shy from the waist up, but here is a video where you can see the side of his head (note the ear), his hands in front of his face, and a nice leg shot (look at those cute toes).
We missed last weeks picture, but here is week 26.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
- we stayed at the Grand Hyatt Resort in Poipu, sort of a splurge for us. The best thing about the resort was its huge pool area and saltwater lagoons.
- my blackberry fell victim to the ocean on our second day, I had no email access for almost 7 full days. This sucked at first, and then was amazing when I got used to it.
- frosty drinks at the Hyatt's pool cost $16.50 with tip (lucky there's only one of us enjoying them)
- we took a cool helicopter tour of the island, one of the highlights of the trip
- I'm still nursing a bad sunburn
In other news, we've placed an order last night for our first substantial baby item: the crib. w00t!