Thursday, November 13, 2008

Healthy Pregnancy and Newfound Fame

Sometimes I think being pregnant must be a lot like being famous. Everyone stares at me. Sometimes they smile. People I've never talked to stop to chat. Folks comment on my appearance constantly. Strangers ask if I'm excited. I guess everyone loves a pregnant person, but it sure is strange.

On another note, I went to a healthy pregnancy class at Day One yesterday. It was only me and one other girl which gave me the opportunity to ask all my stupid questions. I already knew most of what we went over but it was reassuring to hear everything from an expert so I'm very glad I went. My teacher was Ami, a midwife and a lactation consultant and a very cool lady. She didn't push the homebirth thing at all, but just meeting her and hearing a bit about it made me almost want to consider it. Maybe for the next one.