Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Old Favorites

Max used to sleep with his stuffed Mario and Bowser plush dolls religiously, but lately he has been on more of a Star Wars/Lego/Angry Birds kick. Subsequently, he has forgotten his old friends, occasionally sleeping with Mario, and altogether leaving Bowser out in the cold.
Tonight before bed, at Max's request (I swear!), we played a few stars on Super Mario 64, a game we haven't touched in ages (ages==a few months).  When being tucked into bed, Max requested to sleep with Mario, and then begged for me to find Bowser also.  Luckily the bugger wasn't too hard to find.  The following dialogue ensued:

Max: "Daddy, can I ask Bowser a question?"
Me: "Uh, sure"  
:: I pick up Bowser and pretend to talk for him ::
Bowser: "Hi Max!"
Max: "I will sleep with you *every* night from now on"
Bowser: "Thanks Max, I love you!"
Max: "I love you too Bowser"

Just like old times

No comments: